COVID-19 Policy and Update
Due to recent events we, at ABC Recycling, want to inform our customers and vendors of the precautions we are taking during the COVID-19 outbreak. We remain open for business to continue serving our customers while maintaining the safety of our employees and their loved ones as our highest priority. We appreciate your patience in allowing us to update you, our valued customers and vendors, as we navigate this fluid situation.
All our team members have received additional education on COVID-19 protocols and we will be implementing the following controls and social distancing techniques:
- Increased hygiene and disinfecting protocols for high touchpoints and customer waiting areas.
- Minimize social gathering by limiting the face to face interactions with all individuals.
- During any face to face interactions, personnel must ensure to maintain 2 meters (6’) of distance from others.
- We have started to conduct meetings via online or phone calls & site visits are subject to necessity.
- We advise anyone who feels sick or is showing symptoms of COVID-19 to stay at home and not enter our premises.
The following requirements are being implemented for our Campbell River, Nanaimo, and Surrey retail sales:
- On-site ordering and inspection of retail items by customers have been suspended.
- All orders must be done via phone or email and payments are accepted through credit cards.
- We have designated an area for customer order pick-ups and customers are required to stay in vehicles during loading.
- Our team is instructed to maintain 2 meters (6’) of distance at all times from customers and staff.
- Campbell River Tel:(250) 286-3504 Email: Barbara.Nielsen@abcrecycling.com
- Nanaimo Tel: (250) 722-0303 Email: Justin.Schmidt@abcrecycling.com
- Surrey Tel:(604) 514-9411 Email: Sam.Sladich@abcrecycling.com
Non-Ferrous Buying Stations
The following requirements are being implemented at all non-ferrous buying stations:
- Customers and staff are required to maintain 2 meters (6’) of distance at all times. Direct contact between customers and staff is not permitted.
- Customers are directed to stay in their vehicles while waiting. Customers who need to unload material will be supplied a bin to unload their materials into.
- We have temporarily suspended the collection signatures on cheques to further limit interactions with customers.
We are actively monitoring the risks as they evolve and will continue to post updates. In this time of confusion and heightened awareness, we need to stick together and support each other. Be cautious. Be kind. We will get through this. Please feel free to give us a call or message us on our social channels if you have any questions.
From all of us at ABC Recycling, we appreciate your support! Thank you